What You Will Do:
- Analyzing metro housing and employment measures and predicting future conditions
- Researching potential improvements to models, economic capital and portfolio optimization
- Supporting strategic decision making
- Analyzing new products and structures
Who We Are Looking For:
- Expert understanding of mortgage, housing, employment and interest rates including awareness of economics conditions and trends impacting the industry.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely to individuals from various backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of advanced statistical modeling techniques relevant to mortgage and interest rate modeling.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to effectively summarize and communicate relevant findings and other information.
Skills and Abilities:
- Data manipulation and programming in support of market analysis.
- Forecasting and modeling of economic and financial conditions
- Creation of analytical presentations and communications
- Presentation of findings to senior management
- Analysis and recommendations on alternative credit structures, risk sharing arrangements, and/or non-traditional manners in which to participate and take on credit risk as appropriate and necessary.
Prior Work Experience:
- Technical: 3 - 5 years
- Supervisory: None
Education and Credentials:
- Required: Doctorate, Concentration in Economics or Econometrics