What Will You Do:
When a user tries a new system, they expect it to be intuitive and run smoothly. Functionality, reliability, and user experience are key to successful information systems – and that means rigorous testing. That’s why we need you, an aspiring quality assurance consultant who’s eager to help thoroughly test software and ensure that our team releases the best system possible.
As a test automation engineer, you’ll work with systems engineers, software developers, network engineers, and IT engineers on a team that evaluates a mission planning system for the air force client. You’ll help analyze and implement test procedures based on requirements and functional specifications. Using requirements analysis, you’ll generate problem resolutions and track quality assurance standards to see how the system performs, then document the results and communicate system flaws to the development team so they can start improving the software suite. You’ll build your experience in various types of testing, including test automation. This is an opportunity to broaden your skills in documenting and solving system deficiencies.
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional environment
- Experience with testing in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence, or Zephyr to develop and execute functional and regression test scripts
- Experience with the integration of automated testing into a continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipeline, including Git and Jenkins
- Experience with writing SQL statements to acquire and verify test data
- Experience with scripting languages, including Python, Bash, or PowerShell
- Experience with automated test scripting using tools, including TestComplete or Selenium
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science
Nice If You Have:
- Experience working with a client during User Acceptance Test sessions
- Experience developing level of effort estimates, test plans, test case scripting and test summary reports
- Experience with contributing to the delivery of testing artifacts, including automated testing plans, performance test plans, test reports, UAT plans, and traceability matrices
- Experience with developing testing schedules
- Experience with Web services testing using tools, including SoapUI, REST, and API
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Experience with using Bugzilla, or equivalent issue-tracking system
- TS/SCI clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- Experts in virtually every field
- A culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- Opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our databse, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.